We’re justifiably proud of our strong and well-trained workforce in Drum County–and we know that continued training is a key to keeping our workforce–and your business–as strong as they can be. Some of the ways we help you train employees:
On-the-Job Training-New Hires:
- Companies may receive wage reimbursements of up to 50% to offset the costs of training new employees when hired through one of our On-the-Job Training programs.
- The duration of the On-the-Job Training program will be limited to the period of time required for the trainee to become proficient and may not exceed 26 weeks.
- Our staff will screen job applicants for On-the-Job Training eligibility and will calculate wage savings and associated tax credits available to your business.
Upgrade Training for current workers:
- Companies may be able to receive wage reimbursements of up to 50% when training existing employees for new upgraded positions within the organization.
- This training will reduce the costs associated with the introduction of new technologies, new production or service procedures, additional work skills or improved workplace literacy for employees who are being trained for new, higher-paying positions in the company.
- We may also pay for up to 50% of the cost of training provided to these employees by outside agencies, private vendors or educational institutions.
Customized Training Programs:
- We will help you design and pay for training that will improve the productivity and skill level of your present workforce.
- Training may be provided in-house or by outside contracted training agencies.
- St. Lawrence Industrial Development Agency can pay 50% of the cost of training; your business provides matching funds of 50%.
DID YOU KNOW?
Our local and state job training programs are organized into an easy to use interactive network that has been created as a “one stop” system. To best meet the labor needs of local employers, the St. Lawrence One Stop Career Center offers the combined programs and services of a number of workforce development agencies. Through this easy-to-use Center, you will find assistance with the recruitment of new employees, incumbent worker training, on-the-job training and customized writing programs.
You can find more information on the St. Lawrence One-Stop Career Center at http://www.slconestop.com
The statewide system of Boards of Cooperative Education Services (BOCES) functions as an intermediate arm of the New York State Education Department. Part of the role of BOCES is to maintain adult learning centers and to provide vocational and occupational training through these centers.
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES and Jefferson-Lewis BOCES training centers offer training in the following fields:
- NATE Specialties
- Automotive Technology
- Auto CAD
- Fluid Power
- Asbestos Awareness
- Labor Relations
In addition to these training courses, BOCES also offers customized programs in response to specific business needs, industries and human service agencies. These customized training programs identify specific training needs, adapt curriculum to meet an organization’s goals, provide instructors with expertise in the training area, and deliver training on or off campus. BOCES locations:
Jefferson County BOCES – Charles H. Bohlen Technical Center
20104 NYS Route 3
Watertown, NY 13601
Lewis County BOCES Campus
5836 State Route 12
Glenfield, NY 13343
Canton One Stop Career Center
80 State Highway 310
Canton, NY 13617
Gouverneur ACCESS Center
35 Wilson Street
Gouverneur, NY 13642
Massena ACCESS Center
35 Glenn Street
Massena, NY 13662
Norwood ACCESS Center
7227 State Highway 56
Norwood, NY 13668
Ogdensburg ACCESS Center
616 Rennsselaer Avenue
Ogdensburg, NY 13669
St. Lawrence County Correctional Facility Educational Program
17 Commerce Lane
Canton, NY 13617